Wednesday, February 3, 2010

My favorite childhood place-Hiraodai


When I was a child, my parents took me and my sisters to a lot of different places.
I loved going out and still I prefer going out rather than staying in the house.

When I was little, I preferred going to the mountains rather than the beach, because I hated to walk wet feet with sand. After I grew up I didn’t mind that at all. However, when I was a little, after we had played happily in the sea, I complained a lot about walking back to the car with sandy feet.

My grandmother’s sister used to take me hiking to the different mountains with her friends when I was around 8 years to 12 years old. I really enjoyed going out with them and walking in the mountains. Spring and Autumn were especially beautiful.

One of my favorite places when I was a child was called Hirao-dai, which was famous for lime-stone rocks and a cave. This place was about 30minutes away by car from my parents place. Until 5years ago, this place didn’t have many attractions except the cave, hiking courses and picnic areas. We used to come often for driving and hiking. But now there is a concert hall, lots of shops and restaurants and many events.

When we lived in Japan my husband Chris used to go there for his weekend hiking. Also he used to take our children there as well. So now I believe that now Hiraodai has become the place for my family’s favorite place in Japan.

4 comments:

  1. I would like to visit Japan one day, I also like the mountains especially big mountains, i like the sea as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't like climb a mountain because I have to come down!
    I know when I conquer a mountain, it cannot explain the word.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was child I used to go to mountain.I think so as you wrote. Fall is especially beautiful
    red, yellow, brown..... and spring also
    You will miss old Hira-dai.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like you childhood place too, I hope we will can visit your country.

    ReplyDelete